What Do I Talk About? The Complete Guide To Topics In A Conversation (Improve Conversation) Kindle Edition
Have you ever been in a situation where you're talking to someone, whether it’s at a party, during your lunch break, or other social events, and you can’t think of what to say?
After the other person has finished telling a story, there’s an awkward silence as neither of you can think of a topic to talk about. You both shuffle your feet uncomfortably, looking around and avoiding eye contact. Then one of you decides to end the awkwardness and walks away.
And just like that, you’re left wondering, what could have happened. Maybe that person was someone you met for the first time or someone you've only spoken to a few times, and you wanted to build a friendship or relationship with them. But you couldn’t because the conversation died too soon. Maybe that friendship or relationship could have turned into something great. Plenty of joy, companionship, and someone to depend on. But you didn’t get that, you missed out. All because you were not able to think of something to talk about.
Fortunately, there is a solution. There's never been a book written specifically to solve this problem until now. This book is the result of years of hard work and research. So you won't have to waste as much time trying to figure it out yourself. All you have to do is practice what you learn, and your ability to communicate will improve.
In this book you will learn:
- How to keep a conversation interesting by understanding the different types of conversations. There are only 10 types of conversations that can happen, and this is the only book to teach all of them. Each type will be explained in detail, with examples, so you can fully understand them.
- Everything a person says can be divided into Eight Categories Of Topics. Discover what they are. You will also get a list of 200 topics you can use to find topics you're interested in.
- When you meet someone, having a few common topics you can talk about is useful. Most people have prepared zero, or at most 2 or 3 topics, which they hope others like to talk about. In this book, you will learn not 2 or 3, but the 21 Most Common Topics in Conversations. These are the topics that come up most in conversations. Not random topics others won’t be interested in, but topics with a high chance others will talk about. When you know these topics and go into a conversation armed with this knowledge, you'll have plenty to discuss!
Nobody else who prepares for conversations will use so many topics for two reasons. First, they don’t know them. But you will! Second, it’s hard, if not impossible, to remember so many. But what nobody has ever done before, is create a simple memory trick to easily remember them. You'll learn that and be one of the few people to have this advantage in conversations.
There are also 8 to 10 examples of what you can talk about for each topic. When you see how the examples work, you'll be able to think of more ways to talk about each of these 21 topics. Equipped with this new skill, you will be ready to enter social situations with people you’ve never met, or who you used to think you shared nothing in common with. In reality, all you need is to just know the topics that are talked about the most, and know-how to talk about them.
- Discover the 3 Most Common Mistakes people make in conversations, and how to fix them.
- Learn why the harder you try to be popular, the less popular you will be. This is called the Popularity Contradiction. Once you understand this, you'll stop chasing popularity because you realize how pointless it is. This will give you peace of mind but also increased confidence.
If you consistently apply and practice what you read in this book, you will see significant improvements in your conversation skills that will help you for the rest of your life.